Old 25-02-2012, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Peppers

On Feb 25, 12:42*pm, songbird wrote:
Billy wrote:
songbird wrote:
mjciccarel wrote:
I would really LOVE some great Bell Peppers this year. I have great
luck with other kinds but I have yet to grow a great Bell

* how are you growing them?

* still waiting for an answer...

* 10-10-10 might encourage leaf
production but not much else. *try
laying off that for green peppers.

Uh, the first 10 in 10-10-10 (nitrogen) will encourage leaf production.
I know you know that, but it may not be apparent to others.

* yes, thanks, mistyped there.

* and i do not dispute that a pepper
plant needs some nitrogen, but it
can be the case that too much nitrogen
encourages too much leaf production.
but it could also be the case that
the OP is doing something else that
isn't helping the suitation.

* songbird

I am not doing anything special to grow them. As I said I have used 10
10 10 in the past but I guess I won't be doing that anymore. Makes
sense now that some of the peppers from last year were really small.
These were not bell peppers. In fact if anyone is interested, the
peppers came from Sams. Sams sells a bag of yellow, red and orange
peppers that are great. I planted the seeds from them and have been
growing them for about 3 years now.