Old 25-02-2012, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default turf for small garden

On Feb 24, 9:39*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
My niece lives in Sussex not far from Brighton so a chalky soil, she has
a fairly small *garden and a brand new house. The garden goes down to a
point and is probably no more than 16 meters long might even be 12 - 14
meters.

They have two year old twin girls and have decided they want turf on
their garden, so the girls can play out there.

I would go for seed but I guess they want an instant effect.

I even suggested Astroturf as I had heard some good things about the
newer types especially for small areas that are going to get a lot of
wear and tear.

They still want turf but what should i advise them to look out for ?
I am aware that they can easily be conned and given poor quality stuff!
--
Janet Tweedy

I'd try local Yellow pages for turf suppliers, you should find someone
local