Old 25-02-2012, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default £360 for a snowdrop?

In message , Mike Lyle
writes
On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 02:13:49 -0800 (PST), Dave Poole
wrote:

Back in the '70s, I was shown a pot of Galanthus 'E.A. Bowles' by a
nurseryman friend who was something of a galanthophile. He rated it
as the most treasured of his collection and had a small stock. I was
offered a bulb, but declined because as pretty as they are, I simply
cannot get at all enthusiastic about any of the snowdrops. I see that
in the link, a single bulb of this variety sold for £357.00 last
year.

I love snowdrops; my memory's beginning to fail so maybe I didn't, as
I thought, buy some bulbs la couple of years ago labelled "E.A.Bowles"
for maybe two quid for ten. Are there misnamings going on?

Could you have misremembered a purchase of Crocus chrysanthus 'E.A.
Bowles'?

Mike

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley