Old 27-02-2012, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Help - choosing a tree for my back garden

"AL_n" wrote in
:

Thanks for the suggestions. Nice trees, but looking at the photos,
they appear to have too much spread for my new 'plan B' idea. I'd
prefer not to have to impose my desired shape onto a tree that isn't
going there naturally. I guess this limits me to a naturally dwarf
tree of some kind. As I would be planting so close to the house, I
don't like the idea of a massive root system underground, which might
be the case with a non-dwarf tree that's being lopped to size above
ground..

PS... something along the lines of this Hosur (or Hosui) Dwarf Pear tree
might suit, going by the photo:

http://tinyurl.com/8xjf798

Al