Old 28-02-2012, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Aconite woes

On 28/02/2012 12:32, Spider wrote:
On 27/02/2012 22:37, Martin Brown wrote:
On 27/02/2012 18:31, Spider wrote:
On 26/02/2012 15:44, wrote:

Winter Aconites can sometimes be mysteriously shy to 'take' in some
gardens, in the same manner as Lily of the Valley.

Really. I view Lily of the Valley as a borderline weed.
I do grow the variagated cultivar deliberately.

Yes, indeed, Martin. I know people who long to grow it and can't. I can
and, whilst it isn't a problem yet, it's running a bit rampant in part
of my woodland garden.

If you're one of the people who can't grow it, it must be very
frustrating to hear other people refer to it as a weed.

Yes it is strange. I guess the plant knows what it likes and is
incredibly fussy about where it will grow unless it happens to find
exactly the right spot in which case it attempts world domination!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown