Old 28-02-2012, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Tackling an overgrown allotment with a bad back

Baz wrote:

Advice from a non UK poster COULD prompt a new gardener from the UK to take
advice from the wrong person, hence uk.rec.gardening.

I humbly submit that bad advice is not the exclusive province of we
colonials, and that any denizen of the Internet at large who does not keep
several large grains of salt is in trouble! (Think political advice given
near closing at the pub...)
Most of the time I prefer to keep quiet and be thought a fool...
Particularly at this time of year, when spring is breaking out in the U.K.
and I have to clutch at straws ("I think that willow is definitely greening
up at the branch tips") for any hope at all.