Old 29-02-2012, 03:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Peppers

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:

I planted 18 habenero plants in a 6x6ft area and
learned a big lesson - that is plant your peppers
in a north to south columns with 2ft intervals.
But from east to west, you'll need at least 3 ft.
That's 12 plants in a 6x6 garden.

I had two 6x6 garden plots and the 12 plant garden
out produced the 18 plant garden.

If you planted early, mid and late season Bell peppers,
you might get away with overcrowding.

Planting in north-south rows is preferred for all veges
that need full sun. [Of course in the antipodes we plant
in south-north rows!]

Wierd things happen when you're born upside down.

Whether you can get away with overcrowding depends on which
resource is the limiting factor for growth. If sunlight is
not the limit then with better soil you can plant closer
than with poorer.

You are obviously currect in spite of your reverse polarity.