Old 29-02-2012, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Peppers

On Feb 25, 11:04*am, "
wrote:
On Feb 25, 12:42*pm, songbird wrote:

I am not doing anything special to grow them. As I said I have used 10
10 10 in the past but I guess I won't be doing that anymore.

Why? Your plant requires a steady supply of N throughout its life
cycle. A BALANCED fertilizer, ie.a 5-5-5 or a 10-10-10 is strongly
recommended by most Ag experts. These garden variety pseudo-
scientists are stupidly attempting to infer you do not need N when the
plant begins to set fruit, when in fact it is EXCESS nitrogen, as
well as other factors, such as soil and climate that affects the
vegatative phase. Cutting out N is ludicrous in any viable nutrient
management program.