Old 21-04-2003, 03:32 AM
WD

Default Best fertilizer for root feeding plants.

"Sushil Prasad" wrote in message
Hi,

I am having problems with my amazon swords and crypt plant. The crpyt

plant
was having green leaves in the begining and now the new leaves are

brownish
red and holes frequently develop on this leaves. The amazon are having

small
whitish green leaves. My aquarium has 3 inch thick pea size gravels and

has
many plants. The prblems are with only the root feeding plants. I do
semi-weekly fertilization with tetra- flora-pride and seachem florish.

Question is, what would be best to help my root feeding plants. I was
thinking of adding latirate to gravel or maybe adding seachem root tabs.

In the US, Jobes fert sticks for ferns and palms. They have just the right
mix of nutrients, but can be difficult to find. Break them into bits about
1/4 to 1/2 inch long and bury them under the plant, or very near the root
mass.