Old 29-02-2012, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Peppers

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:

As long as you're an antipodinal, I'd like to tell you of
my mate, Simon. The little bugger died owing me 3 slabs
of bitters. Someone suggested I have his head stone
engraved "He died like a true Australian"

You mean he died much younger than the white man of largely
preventable diseases, excessive consumption of intoxicants
and inadequate medical services?

Wrong on all descriptors. He had a congenital form of
muscular dystropathy, drank less than a six pack a week,
didn't smoke legal or illegal stuff, and had more than
adequate medical services. He even got more exercise
than the average patient with his disease. This included
participation in wheel chair sports and gardering via a
raised garden bed. Of course, he suffered from the
largely unpreventable antipod disorder of upsidedownitis.

Dick