Old 01-03-2012, 04:57 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post
Seen flowering today - two colonies of Tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) and
a Caltha palustris (marsh marigold).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Is it early for Marsh Marigold? Snowdrops are going over, crocuses are in full bloom, early forget-me-not family species are out, as are lesser celandines, so I wasn't too surprised to see flowers on one of our clumps (although the others are still in bud). I was rather more surprised to see flowers on next door's forsythia.