Old 02-03-2012, 04:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Composting: Cat Manure

Dick Adams wrote:
Is there any reason not to put cat manure in a compost bin?

Dick

You're about to hear all the same reasons I was told not to put dog poo in
the compost bin . See the "What to do" thread that started with my post on
1/31 /12 . Seems it all boils down to "there might be dangerous pathogens in
it since it is predator poo" . IMO , a properly working compost bin will
achieve temps that should kill those "dangerous pathogens" . And that sounds
better than allowing the rain to wash it all back into the soil ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps