Old 21-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Kathy

Default Veggie soil question

Thanks for your help Lois, I'll try the detergent bit plus John's idea of
the manure and peat moss. I want to plant spinich this week so will try all
this and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help. Kathy
"lois" wrote in message
Use an ordinary dishwashing detergent like Palmolive or baby shampoo in
a hose end sprayer [you should thin it with water] so you apply about a
drop or two per sq ft.

Avoid degreasers like [Shucks- the name of the common one that begins
with a D that turn debris to concrete] or shiners like Joy; lemon is
ok.

I tested this on clay; much to our surprise, when the prof tested for
softness, it lasted the entire growing season!!
This is a lost less detergent that youd eat if you wash dishes by hand

Mulch with straw [it looks nicer chewed a bit with a lawnmower] Some
feed stores will let you collect the stuff left over from below` the
bales for free. Ask