Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Keeping water butt water safe for drinking?

"AL_n" wrote in message
What is the best way of keeping rainwater-butt-water clean and unpolluted
so that it remains safely drinkable? The rainwater will be collected from
the roof of my house via the guttering downpipe.

Thanks...

Al

""The rainwater will be collected from
the roof of my house via the guttering downpipe""

So is mine :-((

No way would I want to drink from my butt. Have you seen the wrigglies in
it? And the moss which comes off the roof?

I have tried filtering the water as it goes INTO the butt

Mike