Old 02-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Hexatrix Hexatrix is offline
Registered User

Default Moonflower vine mutation. Help!

I`ve had a moonflower canopy in my room for about 10 months , and it was doing beautifully! Then one day it sends out a new shoot and the leaves are different. Normally they r the nice big heart shaped ones of a typical moonflower, but these r shaped like an ivy! I`ll get pics up as soon as i can.

At first i thought it was from me winding them around the lines and maybe pinching the edges, but i was extra carefull and its happening with ones i havent even touched!

Again these vines r in my room four stories up, so its not a cross polination let alone me not having any other type of vine. It seems to be just the one off-shoot as the rest of the new leaves are unaffected.