Old 03-03-2012, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default This weekend

On 03/02/2012 08:02 PM, Bob Hobden wrote:

OT I know but son scared on the cars with no handbrake, Says it gives
him the heeby jeebys on hill starts!

Yes, the Electronic Parking Brake that is replacing the old manual
handbrake in a lot of cars (including mine!) is a dreadful invention
especially if you try to keep to the Highway Code so don't want to keep
your foot on the brake when you stop (Rule 114?) to blind others behind.
You do get used to it's slowness eventually but it is no substitute for
a proper handbrake.

I couldn't figure this out initially during test drives as it was the
first I'd seen it, and the seller neglected to mention it. Turns out it
shuts off automatically when you step on the foot brake. Your right
about the practicality for sitting in traffic.