Old 03-03-2012, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cornus alternifolia 'Winter Orange'

or not so orange, as it were. This might have been put into C.
controversa now, I don't remember.

Anyway does anyone grow this? Mine has some orange branches and others
that are very dark. Doesn't appear to correlate with the age of the
branch. Is it just that I have a bad one, or is there something I ought
do to encourage more orange growth? It has a nice form, so I don't want
to hack at it to remove all the dark branches.

Thanks,

-E