Old 03-03-2012, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Keeping water butt water safe for drinking?

In article ,
Martin wrote:

You will not get hepatitis by drinking water from a butt that has
collected rainwater from a roof.

I referred to the vast majority of "the worlds population". People do
get hepatitis from drinking spring water sometimes and water that has
been collected in tanks. It was common in tap water on the Greek
Islands at one time

You are Edwin Poots and I claim my bent farthing!

Hepatitis A comes from the faeces of infected humans - NOWHERE else.
It is not transmitted by birds. Think about it.

Did you think about it? Faeces of infected humans can get into tap
water.

Sigh. This thread is about drinking rainwater collected off a roof
in the UK into a waterbutt. Your wittering is no more relevant than
warning of the risk of giardia would be.

Anyway, I am not going to respond to any more of this Pootery.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.