Old 03-03-2012, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default This weekend

In article ,
says...

On 03/02/2012 03:27 PM, Janet wrote:
centre (possibly the worst servicing garage we ever encountered). We had
Volvos for the safety aspect when the children were learning to drive/new
drivers but would never buy one again.

Service is an issue, and the Volvo garage is quite far away. But
otherwise you describe our situation, this car has to get through
teenagers and young drivers.

and I imagine yours are like our kids, rural dwellers for whom a driving
license means A)social independence, B) they have been driving offroad for
years so think they know it all and C) are going to be let loose on narrow
windy potholed unlit rural roads with a 60 mph speed limit.

EEK. I remember it well:-)

The safety is a powerful argument, both
for those in the car and on foot in front of it!

I agree. The other advantage of a Volvo is that in the minds of teen
boys it has zero sporty racer image. Get the oldest ugliest dullest one
you can find :-)

Janet