Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Blueberries leaf/bud differently

them in pairs that have similar bloom-times so they can cross pollinate.
;-)

Thanks, Wenchie darlin'. My post was more an "inquiring minds" type
of question. I was speculating on the evolutionary survival value of
early leafing as opposed to early budding. Also, ISTR that the
nursery told me that these plants don't need cross-pollination? What
say you?

HB

Cross pollination is not required, but it does lead to a more bountiful
crop.
There are more than 40 species of Vaccinium native to North America. At
least 5 or so are commonly available as nursery stock. It's possible you
have two different species.

Steve