Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Keeping water butt water safe for drinking?

On Mar 3, 10:45*am, Janet wrote:
In article f937b0d9-a67e-4809-b0aa-4ff907fd73f6
@w19g2000vbe.googlegroups.com, says...

I have an underground tank that collects water off the driveway.
Used for garden at the moment.. *I *am going to extend use to toilet &
then get in a water meter.

However the thought has crossed my mind just to buy bottled water for
drinking and tell the water people to F off when I'm set up.

* What's the capacity of your underground tank?
* It's unlikely to supply enough for showers and an automatic washing
machine, especially in summer.

*I've *lived doing handlaundry for an entire family outdoors in a tin tub
with cold water; bathing in a washing up bowl etc, only flushing the lav
once a day... I suggest you and your household *try them all out for a
week before *telling the water people to eff off.

* * Janet

About 5000 litres.