Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default This weekend

"Emery Davis" wrote ...

We're considering the XC60 as we need a four wheel drive that seats 5
comfortably, has a large boot and is not too long (as are most estates
unfortunately). It's rated at around 54 mpg on the motorway, although
those numbers are impossible to achieve anywhere but a test track.

If I could afford it i would get a new car more economical on petrol.
Son says Skodas are really good now with lots of extras etc. and he's
worked for both Volvo and Audi/Skoda/VW

Another one we're looking at is the VW Tiguan, which is even better on gas
(although with a less powerful engine) than the Volvo. But the boot is
less practical, there's a big lip which the dog will have trouble with
(especially as he gets on a bit) and it's smaller.

It has a fun feature where it parks itself and can get into tiny spaces. A
bit frightening at first! But all in all the Volvo has fantastic safety
features, better than the VW. And we have a friend who rolled her Volvo 7
times, then walked away. That's a pretty good advertisement.

Both the Volvo XC60 and the Tiguan come with a range of engines, have you
configured the cars you might like on the net. Just go to the manufacturers
site and play with the options, good sites actually build the car in front
of you so you can check colour of interiors with the exteriors, change
wheels, add Sat Nav, parking sensors, DSG gearbox, etc, until you have your
perfect car. Then you look at the price!
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.