Old 03-03-2012, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default This weekend

On 03/03/2012 07:32 PM, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Emery Davis" wrote ...

[]
Both the Volvo XC60 and the Tiguan come with a range of engines, have
you configured the cars you might like on the net. Just go to the
manufacturers site and play with the options, good sites actually build
the car in front of you so you can check colour of interiors with the
exteriors, change wheels, add Sat Nav, parking sensors, DSG gearbox,
etc, until you have your perfect car. Then you look at the price!

DSG gearboxes diminish fuel economy and increase carbon. Both these
cars have recuperation of braking energy and "stop & start" systems
(which turn off the engine at a stop, then turn in on when you put in
the clutch) on the manual gearbox but not the DSG. The only feature the
DSG gets on the Volvo is "traffic cruise control" where the car simply
follows the car in front, you steer but don't touch the pedals. But I
thought the DSG on the Volvo was very slow even if I were willing to
give on the ecology aspect, which I'm not (and the wife even less!)
Still my bad knee may regret that choice!

I have played with the sites of course, but those are list prices, not
actual offers. Volvo offers 12% off list out the gate, and VW has
offered 10% off the Tiguan. I can probably squeeze another couple of
points out of them...

-E