Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default Composting: Cat Manure

"Snag" wrote in message
Dick Adams wrote:
Is there any reason not to put cat manure in a compost bin?

Dick

You're about to hear all the same reasons I was told not to put dog
poo in the compost bin . See the "What to do" thread that started with
my post on 1/31 /12 . Seems it all boils down to "there might be
dangerous pathogens in it since it is predator poo" . IMO , a properly
working compost bin will achieve temps that should kill those
"dangerous pathogens" . And that sounds better than allowing the rain
to wash it all back into the soil ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Next time I see Oscar, I'll tell him to poop in the dead of night in
someone else's compost pile.

Cheers