Old 04-03-2012, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Keeping water butt water safe for drinking?

In article ,
Dave Hill wrote:

I just wonder how Homo sapiens ever managed to develop to where we are
today without the aid of Health and Safety

Well, most didn't survive childhood and, in places without clean
water, many don't today. However, the water-borne diseases that
do almost all of the killing are NOT those that are likely to
get into a waterbutt in the UK. Most people completely lack any
understanding of sane risk assessment, regrettably.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.