Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Keeping water butt water safe for drinking?

"Moonraker" wrote in message
On 02/03/2012 23:35, Martin wrote:
In the late 1950's I worked on an outstation in the RAF. The only water we
had was that collected off the roof, which we had to boil before drinking.
However we had a new M.O. posted to the main station, one of his first
tasks was to analyse the water we were drinking. He soon arranged for a
regular delivery of water to us, for, amongst other impurities, he found
there was a fair amount of arsenic the water garnered off the roof, so I
would not drink yours without careful analysis by a professional.

Question - Do people often die of arsenic poisoning?

Answer - No only once!.

Bill