Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Seeds of Love's Avatar
Seeds of Love Seeds of Love is offline
Registered User

Location: in the Garden

Not sure about a couple of the post on here but.....

I have a pond next to my shed, it's stocked with about 20 comet goldfish.
Here is some advice I'd like to share about ponds, I hope it is of use:

Buy a good quality pond liner, the best you can afford. lining the pond with bin-bags instead of a liner is a cheap way of making a pond but it's unlikely to last very long.

Feed fish sparingly as too much food will cloud the water.

Also herons can decimate the contents of your pond, so I strongly recommend an electrified barbed wire fence, this will keep out herons, ducks and sea eagles. It will also protect the pond from falling children, who can cause major damage to bull-rushes, water lilies and other aquatic plant life.

I have fitted my pond with a fountain to aerate the water and also because the sound of running water gets the lady next door really horny, she is now a regular visitor to my shed when her husband is at work.

Most important, sit back, watch your fish swimming about and relax. Ponds are fantastic.

P.S if any of the ladies who post on here would like to view my pond or shed then send me a private message with a photo of yourself.