Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help

AlansMarshTits wrote:
Can anyone let me know what these are on my lawn and if they harm the
grass?

Filename: Mrooms.jpeg |
Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14769|

They are some kind of fungus, a mushroom or toadstool if you like. Such
consume dead organic matter in the soil and don't eat the grass. Leave them
alone as some are toxic. If you get them a lot your lawn may be too wet or
otherwise more suited to fungi. If you only get a few now and then there is
no big problem.

David