Old 05-03-2012, 12:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Spring is Here?!

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 07:25:15 EST, wrote:

I have a new plexi cover on my pond and it is completely surrounded by a combination
of polycarbonate windows and ripstop nylon "tent" and of course, we have had almost
no snow. The water temp has been 55-60, I feed every 2 days and the veggie filter
under the plexi cover is doing fine.

I just got back from 2 weeks down at Jo Ann's, went to Mardi Gras in Mobile. I now
have a 1992 GMC conversion van fitted out to be a little RV. I drove down by myself
since DH was teaching. I start teaching at MSOE (Milwaukee school of engineering)
next Monday (quarter system) and M 21 at Mount Mary College/University. So I get a
2.5 month winter break to get out of the frigid temps.

I am not sure I mentioned that I was reorganized out of my teaching job at Marquette
U. I taught there 18 years and they told me I was not returning in fall (nor
teaching my online course in summer) 1 week before my 64th birthday. So I filed for
social security and hit them up for unemployment for the last year. With the two
schools and SS I will be back where I was. But I will also have my summers off to
head out and travel in my Rvan with a couple of my dogs.

As long as my DH doesnt find me any more teaching jobs... LOL.

Ingrid

Ingrid, it sounds like you made some good lemon aide out of the lemons that
were tossed at you. Always a good thing to have summer off, I don't mind
working fall & winter, but come this time of year with so much I want to do
I wish I had every good weather day to stay home. Ah well. Glad I have a
week off in April and then summer.

Things are looking up though. DH went back to working as a chemist and thus
has company paid health insurance so I could drop him from mine. That
doubled my take home pay!!!! The business has become small time and we'll
transfer it over to my eldest DS w/Aspergers the 1st of next year once we
have him all trained to take it all on. Hopefully it won't be too stressful
for him to learn the book-keeping and such.

For the 1st time since I went back to work I volunteered to do a Pond
Basics class for the Master Gardeners, that's the 10th. Will be my first
time doing one using a computer, so all new pics, rather than my old slide
show. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us