Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Hi all.

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 18:23:15 EST, JB wrote:

On 3/3/2012 9:19 PM, Donkey wrote:
poisonedmonkey;952511 Wrote:
Just registered and new to this forum so don't know where to start
really.

In a nutshell i've just moved house and for the first time ever i've got
a nice sized garden and ample space for a pond. I've always wanted one
but just don't know where to start!!

I would like to do most of the labour myself.

Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi there, I am relatively new as well.

I wouldn't install a pond if I was you, I had one in one of my gardens
and unfortunately a small child died. Me + Beer + Pond + Child =
Inevitable drowning.

Welcome.

Call me paranoid but are we being invaded by again by persons trying to
ruin this forum. Shades of red.pond 5 years ago.

Seems gardenbanter is able to cross post to RPM. Old rec.ponds mention at
times about being proactive w/children and ponds.

As far as being invaded.... I did have to reject some posts that were too
crude for comfort, imho. I know British humor is a bit over the top, and
these folks seem to know each other and be okay with it. I don't think the
old trolls of RP could have come up with some of the clever innuendos, US
trolls are much more blunt.

I assume our comments aren't getting crossed posted to gardenbanter. If
nothing else they might start up a conversation with those who are
regulars, even if they can't see the answers themselves. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us