Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default ISO: Thuja Green Giant

On Mar 5, 6:54*am, Dromore wrote:
So the Western Red Cedar is not the Green Giant??

I already did a Google search of Thuja Green Giant for the UK before i
joined the site and i couldnt find one for sale from a UK Garden Nursery
seller. There is a UK eBayer seller, but i'm not a fan buying plants of
eBay as the handful of times that i did, the plants was very poor.

I can find loads of Western Red Cedar over here, but my heart is set on
a Green Giant. Its perfect to what i'm after.
I get a strong feeling that you just can not buy a Thuja Green Giant
here in the UK. If this is the case, what would be the closest to
get.What is the next best thing to a Green Giant???

Thanks for your time

--
Dromore

it is a cross between the WRC and the Japanese, hence (standishii x
plicata)

Contact these guys and ask:
http://wattersontreefarm.tripod.com/id32.html
good luck