Old 21-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Eugene Ferreira

Default Erica caniculata rosea

Polar wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 07:49:07 +0200, "Eugene Ferreira"
wrote:

Seed can be ordered from the National Botanic gardens in Kirstenbosch,

South
Africa. Try http://www.nbi.ac.za/

Thanks, Eugene. I know it's of South African provenance,
so it's good to have a source for seeds.

However, I am looking for a fairly mature plant to go with the other
two big ones that survived.

Any leads to a So. Cal/LA nursery, whether wholesale or retail,
would be welcomed.

Sorry, can't help you with that. The Erica's is quite difficult to grow from
seed since they need to be exposed to fire, or smoke at least, to germinate.
You can also try http://www.silverhillseeds.co.za/ for seed, they have a
better on-line presence.