Old 05-03-2012, 06:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] TowerOB1@q.com is offline

Default Spring is Here?!

On Friday, March 2, 2012 5:47:41 PM UTC-7, JB wrote:
March 2nd and it's going to hit 80 degrees for the 2nd day in a row here
in central Arkansas. I'm not one for bitter cold but we barely had a
winter. I hate to see these type warm ups because that usually means a
poor fruit crop later on (Think blueberries and peaches.) when it turns
back into winter and the blooms freeze.

Regardless, the fish are getting active. Can't believe that I am without
fish food. Just finished placing my Sho Koi fish food order. I'm
guessing that 20 pounds may just get me through the summer and into
fall. (These guys are big eaters.)

Also, had such good luck with my introduction of Matala filter medium
(green) a couple of years ago into my bio falls that I ordered another
sheet (blue). If this warm weather keeps up I'll have to do a filter
clean out and I'll replace another bag of lava rock with this filter pad.

I know this may sound like I deal in pond products but I don't. Just
sharing info on what I've found that works for me. Too bad Oase is out
of the pump business. I've been using one of their pumps since 1998 and
it can't run forever.

JB

It will be 67 here in the Springs! That is almost like summer for us! :-)
of course we are supposed to have snow this Thursday and Friday. :-)) So, yes, Spring is here for part of the Rocky Mountains.

W. Dale