Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Bargin of the year?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 23:20:00 -0000, "Kathy" wrote:

I work for a charity shop. We are allowed to buy donated goods as long as
someone else prices them.
My boss, who doesn't garden beyond the mow the lawn/weed the boarder
point,
told me we had had a donation of "some" plant labels. She thought there
were too many for us to sell, so would I like some of them? Of course, I
said yes.

They are brand new, wood, good quality, 6 inches long and 1/2 an inch
wide.
I have 404 [yes, four hundred and four] of them.
.
.
.
.
.

For £1.50 :-}}

How did she price them?

Just made the price up. We have pricing guidelines for clothing, books and
music, but not for bric-a-brack, which these come under. I did say I
thought they should be rather more, but she was keen to get rid of them, as
she felt they were taking up room! Then again, we do get rather a lot of
bric donated, so I can see her thinking on that point.

--
Kathy