Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Bargin of the year?

Janet Tweedy wrote in
news
In article
,
Judith in France writes
Early morning, there are usually a few antique dealers scouring the
charity shops looking for bargains, so I'm told by a Manager for a
major charity throughout the UK.

I know I'm going to seem like a wet blanket but I always wonder why, on
television, people are quite so satisfied and happy that they've 'done'
some old lady or charity out of lots of money as they spot a rarity and
the seller didn't?

I kind of see what you mean, but nobody has been 'done' if the purchaser
has paid the asking price.
Would you go into M&S shopping for a dress and say 'no, I want to pay
more'?
Different thing bragging about it on TV though.

Baz