Old 08-03-2012, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Identifying a plant

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:41:32 +0000, Centurion wrote:
I'm new to the forum so first off a big hello I've stated to do some
work on my garden at my new flat and have noticed that my borders are
over grown with a plant that I need to identify. It's about 8" high and
the stem looks a bit like a daffodil but thinner with a richer green
colour plus a very small bulb, it also gives off a smell like garlic
when cut?

When asking questions here, it's a good idea to give some notion of where you
are in the world (I'm in NW Oregon, for instance), and if possible, provide
photos of the plants, preferably in flower if you're asking for ids.

You may have an Allium species, or something like Tulbaghia violacea,
"society garlic": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulbaghia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Allium_species

Kay