Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Bargain of the year?

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Kathy" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 01:11:58 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Mar 7, 11:20 pm, "Kathy" wrote:
I work for a charity shop. We are allowed to buy donated goods as
long as
someone else prices them.
My boss, who doesn't garden beyond the mow the lawn/weed the boarder
point,
told me we had had a donation of "some" plant labels. She thought
there
were too many for us to sell, so would I like some of them? Of
course, I
said yes.

They are brand new, wood, good quality, 6 inches long and 1/2 an inch
wide.
I have 404 [yes, four hundred and four] of them.
.
.
.
.
.

For £1.50 :-}}

--
Kathy

I suppose the next thing is you'll be on Antiques Road Show or Flog it
and they will turn out to be hand carved by Chipendale and worth a few
hundred pounds each.

and the original owner will turn up shouting that the charity has been
robbed.
--

I dislike the idea that charity workers can get the best things from the
charity shop before the public even sees it.

We pay for them, so what's unethical?

Oh, come on. you know they are worth more You are robbing your charity.
I would be ashamed to do it.

I put on a Murder Mystery Play at Shanklin Theatre. I wanted a heavy
ornament. (It was the murder weapon) and one of the cast worked in a charity
shop. Just the right object came in, she telephoned me and subsequently she
bought it and it was used. That is now in my home, having given her the
money she paid for it.

What's wrong with that?

Mike