Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default How many potatoes to plant, to feed a single person?

On 8 Mar 2012 10:23:26 GMT, "AL_n" wrote:

Hi all, I'm fairly new to potato-growing. I wonder if anyone can advise how
many spuds I should plant to feed myself only? I tend to eat about one
medium-sized spud a day, on average. So far, I have planted 56 (4 different
harvesting times). My soil is rather clayey and hasn't been cultivated much
but I did dig in some compost. It's still a bit sticky but probably full of
nutrients.

Thanks,

Al

Got any well rotted muck to put on top of them?
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk