Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Barging of the year?

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

no, it's the idea that the volunteers get the best things for next to
nothing before anyone sees them. It really ticks me off.
There should be a law about charity shop workers creaming the best off
for
themselves.

Wow!!!
Just what we need more laws.
For Gods sake grow up.
There are hundreds of people who give their time for nothing to help
charities often several hundred hours a year,
Of these I doubt if one in a thousand ever get any "Great" finds, I
think you will find that far more dealers who "Raid" the shops first
thing in the morning and grab underpriced objects as"Their spoils" and
who don't say a thing about it to the charity, after all they are just
making a living, and if some poor fool in a charity shop doesn't know
the worth of something then it's just to bad.
So do we also have a law to prevent this sort of profitering, then
there are those who under price things at car boot sales, where do we
stop?
I say again Grow Up

Well said David

I have been watching this saga in awe.

What a load of cr*' some of you write.

Mike
Now pick the bones out of that those of you who love to have a go at me.
(Yes I know you don't read my postings .........................