Old 11-03-2012, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Bargin of the year?

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:14:16 -0000, Janet wrote:

Lets have a law against supermarket workers, being allowed to buy food at
the same prices paid by footballers and lollipop ladies. You know it makes
sense.

Janet

Actually supermarket workers don't buy food at the same prices as
others now. They get a staff discount and, sometimes, a share of the
profits.

Never heard of a charity shop worker getting staff discount or profit
share though.

I wonder how many gardeners would think of going into a charity shop
to buy plant labels? They probably wouldn't even notice them stuck in
a bag at the back of a shelf or buried in some rummage bin on the
floor.

Chances are that every one of us has, at some point in our lives, had
a stroke of luck just because we happened to be in the right place at
the right time. So I'm with Kathy on this. She's done absolutely
nothing at all wrong.

I'll just remember that if I have any good fortune, I must not mention
it here.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.