Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Seeds from bulb plant?

Higgs Boson wrote:
songbird wrote:

Â* the sprouts will grow and look like a small
chives or blades of grass the first season (about
six weeks). Â*below ground the sprout is putting a
root downwards to make a tiny bulb. Â*end of the
first season the bulb is about the size of grain
of rice and looks like a bulb in miniature. Â*very
cute!

Wow, thanks, Songbird, for that detailed look at growing bulbs from
seed. Esp thanks for seed ID. And how interesting, visualizing that
tiny bulb getting bigger by the year! Dunno if I have enuff years left
to wait out this process! But should be fascinating if I decide to
embark on the journey.

here is a picture for grins:

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_4123_Tiny_Tulips.jpg

songbird