Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default 4 or 5 in 1 Long reach hege trimmer kits

On 12/03/2012 13:36, Justinthyme77 wrote:
Reading previous posts I see that, understandably, Stihl is the one to
have.
I know people will say you only get what you pay for etc but the Stihl
is simply too expensive. There are various packages available on Ebay.
I wonder has any one any experience of them and what they would
recommend in terms of power and weight? I have conifer, privet, hawthorn
and bamboo hedge. I would be most grateful for any advice (other than
buy a Stihl !) :-)

If it is any consolation I had a Stihl. Despite returning it and getting
a replacement it was a pig to start. I replaced it with a Tanaka. This
is more a system than a hedge cutter as it is an engine to which
attachments can be fitted, I have a hedge attachment as well as others.
The Hedge cutter is on a pole, so I can easily reach my tall hedges,
also I have a chain saw which cuts those branches too thick for the
hedge cutter. The real advantage for me is that it is a dream to start.