Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Any tips for preventing hozelok connectors coming off the hose, under pressure?

"Jim xzy" wrote in message
. 4.11...
Does anyone have any easy way of preventing Hozelock fittings from coming
loose under pressure? OK, it's possible that I am not using genuine
Hozelock fittings or hoses, but they are supposed to be compatible. The
fittings often come loose after a while when under pressure. That is to
say, the hose gets forced free of the connector. (I'm not talking about
the
male and female parts of a connector coming apart.) Not sure if it's the
fault of the connectors or the hose, but if anyone has a method of keeping
them on (short of buying new hose and fittings), perhaps you could
advise...

TIA

Jim

One word ""supposed"".

I have found that only like for like fittings/hoses are 100% compatible.

However it does help to make connections when hoses and fittings are warm,
BUT, even like for like fittings will blow apart if kept under mains
pressure and left in the sun.

I was thinking of making my own solar hot water system and snaked a very
long Hozelock hose down our small garden, which because it is small is a sun
trap. Filled it to mains pressure and left it. Not long before it blew
apart.

Didn't bother with the solar heating system and ALWAYS, note ALWAYS, take
mains pressure off the hose assembly.

Mike