Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim xzy Jim xzy is offline

Default Any tips for preventing hozelok connectors coming off the hose, under pressure?

wrote in :

Sometimes it's advisable to cut an inch or so off the end
of the hose because the hose over time will stretch and hot water
as you say does help force the hose over a connector.

Stephen.

That's what I do. Then, before long, the hose seems to get stretched where
it pushes onto the back end of the connector, and then comes loose. I do
suspect that my hose is at fault (being a cheap imitation of the proper
Hozelock item, but possibly not a big enough OD. (It looks the same - dark
green with the criss-cross reinforcement fibres.) I was just hoping someone
might know some clever trick to prevent they above hose-coming-loose
syndrome. There seems to be some clever old-timer (or otherwise) trick, to
overcome most garden SNAFUs!

Jim