Old 13-03-2012, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim xzy Jim xzy is offline

Default Why do seedlings sometimes flop over and die?

Derek Turner wrote in
:

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:24:59 +0000, Jake wrote:

Equally it's
important to let tap water stand as the chlorine will otherwise have
an adverse effect.

Or, better, use the 'run off' from the hot water tap (the cold that
comes out before the hot arrives) which would otherwise be wasted.

That's a brilliant idea - especially in my case,as I have an immersion
heater for emergency use, so the mains water has already been 'sitting' for
a while in that, with cover that will protect it from airborne nasties.

Jim