Old 13-03-2012, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default Any tips for preventing hozelok connectors coming off the hose, under pressure?

On 12 Mar 2012 17:41:34 GMT, Jim xzy wrote:

Does anyone have any easy way of preventing Hozelock fittings from coming
loose under pressure? OK, it's possible that I am not using genuine
Hozelock fittings or hoses, but they are supposed to be compatible. The
fittings often come loose after a while when under pressure. That is to
say, the hose gets forced free of the connector. (I'm not talking about the
male and female parts of a connector coming apart.) Not sure if it's the
fault of the connectors or the hose, but if anyone has a method of keeping
them on (short of buying new hose and fittings), perhaps you could
advise...

TIA

Jim

I can't help with Hozelock as I gave them up years ago. I know you
don't want to buy new fittings but if you ever do, get the brass
fittings as they rarely give trouble. I can't remember the name but I
do remember they were cheaper than the plastic Hozelock fittings when
I bought them.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com