Old 13-03-2012, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default What is likely eating the foliage off my small tomatoes?

On Mar 9, 3:45*am, allen73 wrote:
It can be tomato worms or horn worms or cutworms. They eat leaves and
they have the color of the stems and may be they are on the stems.
Picking them off is the way to remove them. A nail spike beside the
plant repels cutworms. Some garlic cloves can repel some bugs. The seven
dust is good. Plant garlic cloves by your tomato plants to get rid of
the worms. Check for some tiny grasshopper, they can also be a culprit.
Put some black pepper on the leaf to get rid of grasshopper. Good Luck

--
allen73

I'd suspect the horn worms too. They blend right into the plant and
are sometimes hard to see.
I pluck them off and also spray to pickup those I missed.