Old 13-03-2012, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Any tips for preventing hozelok connectors coming off the hose,under pressure?

On Mar 13, 10:28*am, Jim xzy wrote:
"Dave Liquorice" wrote hill.co.uk:

I wonder if it is an assembly error? The hose side of these
connectors is not "push fit". You should unscrew the collar
completely and thread it onto the hose then push the hose fully onto
the back of the connector, right over the raised lip, then slide and
screw up firmly the collar.

Yes, I realise that. I think the problem with my hose is that the plastic
is not thick enough, which causes two problems:

(a) it stretches too easily
and
(b) the teeth on the fittings don't get a good purchase.

At the end of the day, I may have to bite the bullet and buy a non-
cheapskate hose! That's an expense I'd have liked to avoid, cos I need
about 30 metres of the stuff to reach the furthermost nether-regions...

I learned one lesson though: don't buy Hozelock-lookalike hoses from Aldi,
no matter how tempting the price! They also spring leaks very easily.

Actually, this hose is about the third one I've had bad luck with and the
other two were purchased from somewhere else.

Can anyone recommend a make of hose that will not give these kind of
problems, and doesn't cost a king's ransom?

Jim

The main thing is not to drive over them.