Old 13-03-2012, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Any tips for preventing hozelok connectors coming off the hose, under pressure?

"Jim xzy" wrote in message
. 4.11...
Jeff Layman wrote in news:jjn948$392$1
@news.albasani.net:

Apart from cutting off an inch or so off the hose as recommended by
others, I have also wrapped a layer or two of insulating tape around the
fitting to increase its diameter a fraction. You'll know when you've got
enough tape on - if too much is wrapped round, you can't get the hose on
at all.

Jeff,
Ah yes - that seems well worth a try - thanks! I'm not sure why I didn't
think of that... Luckily I have some very good insulation tape with better
stickability than most.

Are you using the latest type of Hozelock hose connectors?

See http://reviews.homebase.co.uk/1494-e...36/reviews.htm for some
favourable reviews.