Old 14-03-2012, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any tips for preventing hozelok connectors coming off the hose, under pressure?

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 14/03/2012 16:40, Christina Websell wrote:
"Jim wrote in message
. 4.11...
Does anyone have any easy way of preventing Hozelock fittings from
coming
loose under pressure? OK, it's possible that I am not using genuine
Hozelock fittings or hoses, but they are supposed to be compatible. The
fittings often come loose after a while when under pressure. That is to
say, the hose gets forced free of the connector. (I'm not talking about
the
male and female parts of a connector coming apart.) Not sure if it's the
fault of the connectors or the hose, but if anyone has a method of
keeping
them on (short of buying new hose and fittings), perhaps you could
advise...

I've had similar problems, both with the genuine parts and the
compatibles.
I've found that (probably due to carelessness on my part while pushing
the
hose into the fitting) some of the plastic teeth have been bent back.
You
can realign these with the end of a small screwdriver if you do it very
gently and then they will be OK if you don't put the tap on full pressure
after that.
HTH
Tina

Brass kit from Screwfix £10. No brainer really

If you do not have 150 yds of hose that does not have be connected in
several places like I do.